Statement of Qualifying Criteria
Thank you for visiting and applying.
To assure our neighbors of a well-maintained community, as well as enjoyable neighbors, we require that all prospective residents meet the following qualifying criteria when completing the rental application:
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicants must provide proof of identity. A non-refundable application fee will be required for all adult applicants. Applicants may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner’s association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a cosigner. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant.
- Credit history and Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filling, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
- Self employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past 7 years involving manufacture or distribution of controlled substance. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at the time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicated that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary Service Animals, ESA or Therapy animals for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, and addendum to the lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to the landlord. Fees are waived for medically necessary animals.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum of one month’s rent. We reserve the right to require higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for applied for unit.
- We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into the lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
- Any exceptions to our company’s criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is given for such exceptions, additional security, co signers and/or additional advanced rent payments may be required.
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or disability.
I have read and understand the above qualifying criteria.
Note: False information given on an application will be grounds for rejection of the application.